The Association of Departments of Family Medicine (ADFM) is the organization of departments of family medicine.
For questions or further information about joining ADFM contact Kim Sevedge at 1-800-274-7928 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The member of ADFM is the department, represented by the Department Chair (who acts as the voting member or designates a proxy).
As designated in Article III, Section 1. of the ADFM Bylaws, Members, as defined in the Articles of Incorporation, shall be a department, division, or section of Family Medicine (or an entity with functions and purposes similar to departments of family medicine) in educational institutions which include a medical school within the United States and Canada. These institutions must be (a) organizations exempt from Federal income taxation under Section 115(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or (b) organizations exempt from Federal income tax under section 501(a) as organizations described in section 501(c), and (c) which also are not private foundations under section 509(a)(1), (2) or (3) of said Code (or the corresponding provisions of any future United States internal revenue law). For each member, the Chair, or equivalent, is the lead designated representative to participate in the affairs of the organization and the Senior Department Administrator is eligible to participate in the organization as designated and sponsored by the Chair.
Benefits of membership:
- Participation on the Chairs’ or Administrators' listserve, where you can share resources, network, and ask questions of other Family Medicine departments around the country
- Attendance at the ADFM Annual Conference, including:
- 2.5 days of packed programming targeted toward leaders of Departments of Family Medicine
- access to additional preconferences and special workshops, including an all-day workshop for Senior Administrators
- ability to nominate a senior leader from your department to attend with you
- Access to special ADFM programming, such as webinars and mentorship programs (see Programs)
- Access to the member-only resources and tools on the ADFM website
- Networking and help from your peers
- Regular updates from ADFM via the listserv and newsletters
- Data about Family Medicine Departments, gathered and shared at least annually
- Advocacy notices - information from the Hill about Family Medicine-related efforts
- Numerous services for new and interim chairs and new administrators
- Participation in the committees and leadership of the organization
- Access to the CERA Data Clearinghouse for research projects
Chair only -- $1464/year
Chair + administrator -- $1788/year
Membership renewal is available online through the member portal. Please contact ADFM if you would rather print and mail your renewal.